Friday, September 6, 2013

Recounting Summer's Beauty

This has been a summer of learning and experiencing for me.  I've seen the life of food from seed, to seedling, to growing up in the soil.  I've seen the death of things that I've worked hard to start, at the mercy of mother nature, who is giving, and at times seemingly unfair.  I've seen what I've worked hard to maintain become a bountiful harvest, delivering colorful and vibrant specimens to chefs, who appreciate the pure flavor, and the fact that what they are using is grown close to where they artfully craft it. 








I've also been lucky enough to have access to the best fresh produce I can get, so I've been doing a lot of cooking at home.  This is Confit Byaldi, a version of ratatouille, of thinly sliced eggplant, peppers, tomato and squash, baked in the oven with olive oil and herbs de provence, and a layer of stewed tomato sauce on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment