Monday, June 10, 2013

Brand New Farmer's Market

I am honored to be participating in the new farmer's market in the Clifton Plaza on Ludlow.  From 5 to 7 (ish...or until we are sold out), you will find a variety of local produce, cheeses, olive oils, as well as my handmade pastries and anything else that strikes my fancy as different fruits, vegetables and herbs come into season.

I will also be selling produce from the farm of Sallie Ransohoff, where I have been working part time, learning anything I can about the laborous practice of growing food. Right now we have turnips, dill, cilantro, mustard greens, radish pods, arugula flowers, and a variety of lettuces, and the selection will just keep changing as the year goes on.

And the market is growing!  Hopefully every week new vendors and community members will join in this crossroads of local producers. This neighborhood deserves fresh food, for they have been without a grocery store for over 2 years now. Photos to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment